Treasured Memories Design Team 2008

1. Tell us about yourself. What would you like everyone to know about you?

My name is Mandi Green. I am a 19-year-old Fashion Design and Merchandising major at the University of Louisiana Lafayette. I'm bubbly and outgoing, and I love to laugh. The most important thing in the world to me are my friends and family; I love spending time with them, just talking and being silly!

2. What is your scrapbook style?

Eclectic and messy! I do everything shabby chic all the way. Many of my embellishments are non-scrapbooking items. I really like to make a lot of my own embellishments, too!

3. How long have you been scrapbooking?

The first time I scrapbooked was about 4 years ago, and after a long break from it, I got back into it heavily within the last year or so.

4. Who do you scrapbook?

My wonderful and fun family, friends, and boyfriend!

5. Name your top three tools.

I like to keep it simple - a paper cutter, a paintbrush, and scissors.

6. How are you inspired to get started on a layout?

I start with the photographs and pick paper to match them. Then, I layout the photos and paper and did around in my stash until I have pulled out every piece of chipboard, ribbon, lace, brads, etc that match. From there, I arrange and rearrange and consolidate my heavily layered layout until everything is just the way I like it.

7. Do you have any great tips to share?

If you don't have an embellishment you want or you have it but it's the wrong color/size/etc, try to make the embellishment yourself! You may be surprised at your own creativity!

8. What are your 3 favorite embellishments?

Acrylic paints, ribbon, and flowers are always a must!

9. What is your favorite paper line?

I love love LOVE Scarlet's Letter by Basic Grey. It has my favorite colors (red, sage green, black) and a beautiful and eclectic floral pattern. I love it so much that I have a desk decoupaged with it. Seriously!

10. What is your favorite way to journal?

I don't usually journal much, but I do like to add little things like song lyrics, poems, quotes, etc to my layouts.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I finally have a blog!!!

I know, I know. I am seriously terrible and behind, but finally, I have a blog! Yay for me! So now you may all view my layouts and whatever other craziness I decide to post!

- Mandi

2 comments:

Heather Bares said...

yay!!! you have a blog!!!

Charlotte Cramer said...

WHOOPPYY!!!! I am so glad you have a blog now!! Now we can CHIT CHAT!!!!!! :) Love you DT LO!!! Awesome Awesome WORK!!!!!!!